Absolute Ocean Charters welcomes you to come aboard ‘Contessa C’ for a fantastic evening of sunset fishing in the turquoise waters of Broome. Take advantage of one of the fastest & most comfortable vessels in Broome to explore the vast, plentiful fishing grounds and let us show you the best spots to catch some great fish!
Night Fishing Tour
Our night charters are a great choice for those who want something different from a standard day fishing tour. There’s nothing better than watching the sunset on the ocean and it’s even more magnificent when you’re fishing it! Enjoy action from different species as dusk approaches and then see who comes out as nightfall sets in.
Night fishing charters are also excellent for those who have a short stay in Broome and want to pack as much in as possible!
- Beginners, experts, families & children are welcome. Our highly trained and experienced staff are always on hand to help you enjoy your day.
- Please see our Fishing FAQ page for advice on what to bring on charters and other information that may not be on this page.
- Beginning with a free pickup service from your accommodation around 2:30pm, our air conditioned courtesy bus will transfer you to your departure point – Gantheaume Beach or Entrance Point.
- Our sealegs amphibious tender ‘Cayduck’ will transfer you safe and dry to ‘Contessa C’, your 65ft fishing vessel for the day.
- Fish your way out to the productive fishing grounds anywhere between 15 to 30 nautical miles offshore. You will fish several different areas throughout the evening.
- Enjoy the options of fishing the daylight hours through the early afternoon, fishing during sunset and then fishing under the stars! Come and find out which fish are more productive at what times.
- All fishing gear is supplied including rods & reels, bait, rod buckets, hand towels, catch bags. You are welcome to bring your own fishing gear if you wish.
- The more prominent species you can expect to see include Blue Spot Emperor, Black Snapper, Blue Bone, Giant Trevally, Golden Trevally, Chinaman Fish, Gold Spot Cod, Coral Trout, Crimson Snapper, Saddletail Seaperch, Red Emperor, Golden Snapper. Throughout the afternoon before the sun sets we will also spend some time trolling lures for Spanish Mackerel & Tuna.
- We will clean your catch and pack it straight on ice to give you the best quality fish to take home. All undersize or unwanted fish are immediately returned to the water to increase survival rates and promote sustainability of fisheries.
- Amid fishing you will be served a hot dinner. Help yourself to unlimited drinks including bottled water, soft drink, tea & coffee throughout the evening.
- BYO alcohol – an esky and ice is provided to keep your drinks cold.
- We return to Broome around 8:30pm to 9pm. You will then be transferred in our air conditioned courtesy bus back to your accommodation with your catch.