Absolute Ocean Charters welcomes you to come aboard ‘Jaybee’ for a fantastic morning of estuary fishing in Broomeamongst the beautiful turquoise waters. Take advantage of our custom creek fishing vessel and local knowledge to explore the picturesque estuarine systems and try your hand at landing that “once in a lifetime” fish!
Barramundi Fishing Broome
If ocean fishing is not your thing then estuary fishing charters could be just what you’re looking for as you explore the estuarine creek systems and try your hand at landing a Barramundi or Mangrove Jack! Mud Crabs are also an option so drop a crab pot in, drop a line in, and soak up the picturesque sites of the mangroves.
- Beginners, experts, families & children are welcome. Our highly trained and experienced staff is always on hand to help you enjoy your day.
- Half Day Creek Fishing charters go for approximately 5 hrs and we take a maximum of 3 passengers. Start times vary depending on the tides.
- Please be aware the Creek fishing vessel is an open boat so you will be exposed to full sun. Please wear sun smart clothing and a wide brim hat.
- See our Fishing FAQ page for advice on what to bring on charters and other information that may not be on this page.
- Beginning with a free pick up service from your accommodation around 7am, you will be transferred to one of the landings on the shore of Roebuck Bay. You will cruise Roebuck Bay towards one of the creeks passing beautiful mangroves and rock formations on the way. Here you will fish to your heart’s content in the surrounds of Broome’s local creek systems, and, if you like try for a Mud Crab as well!
- Fish your way around the bay trying your luck in Dampier Creek, Crab Creek or Black Ledge depending on tidal movement. You will fish several different areas throughout the tour.
- We cover a mixture of fishing with live bait, dead bait and lures.
- All fishing gear is supplied – rods & reels, bait, hand towels and catch bags. You are welcome to bring your own fishing gear if you wish.
MUD CRABBING BROOME
- Fish targeted on this charter include but are not limited to Barramundi, Threadfin Salmon, Blue Nose Salmon, Mangrove Jack, Black Jew, Queenfish, Tripletail, Catfish.
- Mud crabbing is available on request.
- We will clean your catch and pack it straight on ice to give you the best quality fish to take home. All undersize or unwanted fish are immediately returned to the water to increase survival rates and promote sustainability of fisheries.
- Amid fishing you will be served fruit and a sandwich for morning tea.
- Help yourself to unlimited cold drinks including bottled water & soft drink. BYO alcohol – an esky and ice is provided to keep your drinks cold.
- We return to Broome around 12pm. You will then be transferred in our air conditioned courtesy bus back to your accommodation with your catch.