Expand the sections below to view the answers of the most commonly asked questions from our clients!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON MY FISHING TRIP?
- Personal items such as camera, hat, sunglasses and wear clothing you are comfortable in. Whatever footwear you like, thongs are ok.
- BYO alcohol if you wish; we provide esky and ice for your drinks. We also have a licensed bar on board with a great selection of drinks to purchase. Prices start at $5 per drink!
- Sea sick medication if required.
ARE CHILDREN WELCOME ON FISHING CHARTERS?
Yes, children of all ages are welcome. All children on board are the responsibility of the parent at all times. Children 4 years and under are free.
HOW MANY PASSENGERS ARE ON THE BOAT?
- Contessa C fishes 14 lines at a time, but can take up to 25 passengers for group bookings.
- JayBee takes a maximum of 3 passengers.
CAN I BRING MY OWN FISHING GEAR?
You are welcome to bring your own fishing gear, if you wish.
HOW OFTEN DO FISHING CHARTERS RUN?
Fishing charters operate daily year round. In the quiet season (November to March) charters are booking-dependent.
WHAT TYPE OF FISHING GEAR IS USED?
Fin-Nor Offshore spin reels with braided line are used for bottom fishing. The same reels are used for trolling with mono line. All outfits are rigged with high quality leader and hooks, giving you the best chance to catch and land your fish.
DO I NEED TO BRING AN ESKY?
No, we have eskies on board for both your fish and your drinks. If preferred, you may bring a small esky only. If you have hired the vessel exclusively we can discuss options to suit your requirements.
WHAT IS A SHARED LINE?
This gives you 1 rod to share between 2 people. Great for those with young children or partners that may not want to fish all day. A Shared Line must accompany a Single Line in the same booking.
CAN I KEEP WHAT I CATCH?
You may keep what you catch within Fisheries regulations. You are welcome to catch and release also.
ARE THE FISH FILLETED?
We follow Fisheries regulations on landing fish. The larger fish are filleted (usually Spanish Mackerel) while the smaller fish are gut and gilled.
DO YOU CATER FOR SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Yes, we do where possible. Please advise dietary requirements at time of booking.
ARE THERE ANY WEIGHT OR DISABILITY RESTRICTIONS?
No weight or disability restrictions as such. However, you need to be physically able to embark and disembark the bus, tender and mothership safely. There is no jetty landing for loading. Please contact us for further information.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard or VISA) over the phone, by direct debit to our bank account (we will email you details) or cash/card at the office if you are in Broome. 50% deposit is required to secure your fishing booking.
DO I NEED TO BRING MONEY?
- Money is required for those that have not paid in full for their tour prior to pick up.
- If you would like to purchase AOC merchandise please bring some money or your credit card. We also have a bar on board with a variety of alcoholic drinks for sale.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
- Cancellation Policy: AOC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any tour unforeseen circumstances. If any of our tours are cancelled due to bad weather, safety issues or insufficient numbers you will be offered a spot on the next tour available or you will receive a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel your booking for any reason and give 72 or more hours notice prior to tour departure date we will refund your payment in full. If you give us less than 72 hours notice, but at least 24 hours notice prior to tour departure date we will refund your payment less a 50% cancellation charge. There are no refunds for bookings cancelled within 24 hours of tour departure date, or tours purchased but not utilised.
- If you are entitled to a refund, it will be paid in the same manner through which we received the original booking payment.