Most commonly asked questions about our whale watching and eco wildlife cruises. Expand the sections below to view the answers.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON MY WHALE WATCHING OR ECO CRUISE?
- Personal items such as camera, hat, sunglasses and wear clothing you are comfortable in. Whatever footwear you like, thongs are ok.
- BYO alcohol if you wish; we provide esky and ice for your drinks. We also have a licensed bar on board with a great selection of drinks to purchase. Prices start at $5 per drink!
- Sea sick medication if required.
ARE CHILDREN WELCOME ON ON TOURS?
Yes, children of all ages are welcome. All children on board are the responsibility of the parent at all times. Children 4 years and under are free.
HOW LONG DOES THE TOUR GO FOR?
Choose from an Afternoon Tour 1pm to 4pm or Sunset Tour 3pm to 6pm. Pickups are prior to these times.
WHEN IS WHALE WATCHING SEASON?
Whale Watching tours operate daily from late June to early October. Start and end dates are a little different every year as it depends when the whales arrive and depart our waters!
WHEN IS SNUBFIN DOLPHIN SEASON?
The Snubfin Dolphins that inhabit Roebuck Bay live there all year-round. Our cruises run from April to October each year to capture them at their best and during times of optimal weather conditions.
HOW MANY WHALES WILL WE SEE?
During July, August and September we average seven Humpback encounters per tour!
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DON'T SEE ANY WHALES OR SNUBFIN DOLPHINS?
You will be taken out again on the next available tour free of charge. If this is not possible we will refund 100% of your total booking.
IS THERE A TOILET ON BOARD?
Yes, we have a full-sized toilet on the main deck.
DO YOU CATER FOR SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Yes, we do where possible. Please advise dietary requirements at time of booking.
ARE THERE ANY WEIGHT OR DISABILITY RESTRICTIONS?
No weight or disability restrictions as such. However, you need to be physically able to embark and disembark the bus, tender and mothership safely. There is no jetty landing for loading. Please contact us for further information.
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT?
Payment is made by credit card (Mastercard or VISA) over the phone, by direct debit to our bank account (we will email you details) or cash/card at the office if you are in Broome. 50% deposit is required to secure your fishing booking.
DO I NEED TO BRING MONEY?
Please bring some money or your credit card if you wish to purchase AOC merchandise. We also have a bar on board with a variety of alcoholic drinks for sale.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
- Cancellation Policy: AOC reserves the right to cancel or postpone any tour unforeseen circumstances. If any of our tours are cancelled due to bad weather, safety issues or insufficient numbers you will be offered a spot on the next tour available or you will receive a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel your booking for any reason and give 72 or more hours notice prior to tour departure date we will refund your payment in full. If you give us less than 72 hours notice, but at least 24 hours notice prior to tour departure date we will refund your payment less a 50% cancellation charge. There are no refunds for bookings cancelled within 24 hours of tour departure date, or tours purchased but not utilised.
- If you need to cancel due to Covid-19 state travel restrictions, a full refund will be offered. Or the opportunity to rebook your experience for another date in the future. **If you need to cancel your booking due to a positive Covid-19 RAT or PCR test within 24hrs of departure, we will offer a 50% refund in good faith upon positive test shown.
- If you are entitled to a refund, it will be paid in the same manner through which we received the original booking payment.
DO YOU HAVE A COVID SAFE BUSINESS PLAN?
- We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and community is our highest priority. We here at Absolute Ocean Charters have implemented additional precautionary measures to ensure your health and safety, is beyond our standard high level of hygiene practices, and continues to follow instructions and advice from the Western Australian Department of Health.